Further Your Education
How to Apply
How do I apply for NSCS scholarships?
- It’s simple! Visit our scholarship page.
- On the top right side, you will see the sign in button. Use your NSCS username and password to log in here.
- If this is the first time applying for an NSCS scholarship, you will need to fill out the General Application first. Go to the “My Applications” tab on the left hand side to find your General Application.
- Once submitted, you can apply to any open scholarship opportunity.
- Good luck on your applications!
You can also view our scholarship video for step-by-step instructions.
What are some application tips?
A great scholarship essay is not written overnight! Start early and allow time to work on your responses.
Proofread, Proofread, Proofread
You want your scholarship essay to stand out for its great content, not the grammatical errors. Ask a parent, friend, or professor to proofread your application before submitting.
Personalize the Response
Don’t make your essay a resume. Use the opportunity to share something about who you are, which is far more memorable.
Build on your Accomplishments
Remember that you are competing against a similar pool of applicants. Use the essay question as a way to prove to the scholarship committee that you are the worthiest applicant for the award.
How will I know if I’m selected as a recipient?
All applicants, recipients, and non-recipients will be notified of their status within eight weeks of the closing date.
When do scholarships open? Close?
What are the eligibility requirements to apply?
We have two main eligibility requirements for our scholarships:
- You must be an NSCS member (current or alumni)
- You must have at least a 3.4 GPA (if undergrad)