NSCS Scholar Central Code of Conduct and Rules
Conversations in Scholar Central should concern topics of interest to the NSCS community including academic excellence, leadership, and service. This is a space to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Please take a moment to review the guidelines below. If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com. To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and productive dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Be Kind. All Scholar Central participants should feel welcome, regardless of their personal background. Please be polite, courteous, and considerate to fellow members. No offensive comments regarding gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion will be tolerated. Violation could result in your removal from the portal and potential termination of your NSCS membership.
- Be Respectful. We expect all members to be respectful when communicating with other members, even when differences of opinion arise. Members are expected to work together to resolve disagreements constructively and respectfully. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners. Please be patient.
- Communicate and Collaborate. The concept of Scholar Central is based on working together, while users gain the most from the community by actively participating and communicating effectively. We encourage collaboration and communication if it is conducted in a positive and constructive way.
- Reach Out and Ask for Help. Please inform our Community Manager if you feel a violation has taken place and our staff will address the situation. Ask questions if you are unsure and be helpful to those who ask. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
This list is not exhaustive or complete. Please use your own judgement on proper behavior and contribute to a productive and pleasant community experience.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, nudity or illegal materials are strictly prohibited on Scholar Central and within the NSCS community.
- Do not post or comment on anything that you would not want to be public. NSCS holds the right to record, save, and share any photo, document, or post with the public.
- All messages, images, comments, or posts must add to the body of knowledge. NSCS reserves the right to delete any message, image, post, or comment for any reason.
- Do not harshly challenge or attack other users on Scholar Central. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate productive conversations and discussions.
- Do not use Scholar Central to promote/disseminate surveys of any kind without prior approval from NSCS headquarters.
- NSCS prohibits users of Scholar Central from posting commercial messages or promotions, advertising, or selling goods or services. Do not use Scholar Central to promote/disseminate unrelated educational or informational items of any kind without prior approval from NSCS headquarters; this includes:
- Sales of merchandise, services, or products unrelated to NSCS
- Photo, video, or messaging for entertainment purposes unrelated to NSCS
- NSCS provides availability to Scholar Central for all participants for educational and informational purposes only.
- NSCS does not undertake to render advice.
- Scholar Central participants must rely solely on their judgment with respect to all issues discussed.
- NSCS does not approve or endorse any specific information that may be mentioned on Scholar Central.
- NSCS makes no representations or warranties regarding the experience, qualifications, or information provided by portal participants or otherwise provided using Scholar Central.
- NSCS has the right to deny access to Scholar Central to any individual who has not agreed to the terms and conditions of these Rules and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) remove any postings or other content that is not consistent with these Rules or otherwise not in the best interests of NSCS; and (ii) terminate access to Scholar Central for violations of these Rules or otherwise acting in a manner contrary to the interests of NSCS.
The NSCS National Office reserves the right to delete any message for any reason.
The Rules include a legally binding release, waiver, discharge, and covenant not to sue (collectively, Release), made voluntarily by you, on your own behalf, and on behalf of your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns (collectively, Releasor or you) to NSCS.
As the Releasor, you fully recognize that NSCS does not require you to participate in or utilize Scholar Central. With informed consent, and for valuable consideration received, including access to Scholar Central, as the Releasor, you agree to assume and take on yourself all of the risks and responsibilities in any way arising from or associated with Scholar Central and any materials, information, guidance, or advice contained or posted on or to Scholar Central, and you release NSCS and its affiliates, members, committees, board, officers, directors, legal representatives, employees, agents, administrators, assigns, and contractors (collectively, Releasees), from any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, damages, actions, and liabilities of every name and nature whatsoever, whenever occurring, whether known or unknown, contingent or fixed, at law or in equity, that you may suffer at any time arising from or in connection with Scholar Central, your acts or omissions, or information you transmit in connection with your participation in and use of Scholar Central, and the materials, information, guidance, or advice contained on Scholar Central, including any injury or harm to others (collectively, Liabilities), and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Releasees harmless from and against any and all Liabilities.
As the Releasor, you recognize that this Release means that you are giving up, among other things, all rights to sue Releasees for injuries, damages, or losses that you may incur. You also understand that this Release binds your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns, as well as yourself.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
By joining Scholar Central, you (i) represent and warrant that you have read these Rules, including, without limitation the terms of the Release set forth above; (ii) fully understand the terms of these Rules (including, without limitation, the Release included herein) and acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to review these Rules (including, without limitation, the terms of the Release) with an attorney of your choosing if you so desire; and (iii) agree to be legally bound by the terms of these Rules.